I AM SIMPLE


I am simple, an am good with that
why would I not? after all
simple is nontaxable

on one, nothing sneaks up on simple
what would be the point?
simple is not sneak-up-able

writing this, I realize how lucky I am
just by being simple. are you simple like me?
or are you so very complex you find yourself
lost in that gray mist of complexity?



terrible and irreversible;
struggling to maintain one's sanity.
world out of focus.
violent episodes crashing down.

hard, unbreakable views.
wantonness, wrongfulness.
manipulation of weakness.
harsh reality, world on fire.




scrambling up, sheer.
adrenaline pumping, hard.
a power uncompromising 
by small minded ridicule.

and behind the scenes,
what there lies waiting.
tame but so damned wild.

capture ratio infinite to probable.
now finished barking
like so hysterical rogue fool.
and from the precipice,
a sudden screaming ensues.


finally comfortable
in one's own skin.
no need for anything
scratching to get in.

then that old protocol;
polarize that sucker, twice over.
yah, meanness moves right in.
when things get this bad,
I just put on some Sammi Smith
music. fixes me right up.
works every time. 


an unmistakable dinginess 
stalking pack of rumpus coyotes 
not to vilify the pride
and to embellish such as
and so freaking infuriating
not to mock coyotes, but still
coyotes being coyotes and all



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AROUND

MOTIVATION

NEUROTIC